We’ve all been there. Sitting at the computer with a blank stare on your face as Facebook asks you for your login and password. Password, who remembers their password now-a-days? Doesn’t everyone just save it and use the auto-login option…or whatever happens to magically make our Newsfeed appear? In short, No. Here’s what to do if you’ve forgotten your Facebook password.
“How do you retrieve your Facebook login information if you have forgotten it?“
Do you have access to the email account? Maybe you forgot the password for that email account or locked yourself out of it… If you have it set up, you can ask your friends for help validating your account, use another email address, or answer a security question. Check to see if you have these features enabled by:
Do you remember what email you used for a username? If you remember your email then you can search for your account on Facebook and have them send you a password reset using that email. This is a very simple option that is overly convenient compared to how things used to be:
- Go to the Facebook home login page and click “Forgot My Password” in the top right corner of the screen
- Fill out the security form
- Select “I forgot my account”
- Look through the list of emails that are associated with your Facebook account
- If you don’t have access to any of the associated emails, click on the option “No longer have access to these”
- You will then be given options to get help from friends or answer a security question. If you don’t have these options set up then you can contact your email service provider to try to get access to your email account.**If you don’t have these added security measures set up then we highly recommend you set them up for your accounts and advise friends and family to set up these security settings too to prevent this problem in the future. It is quick and easy to set up so you should go do it right now!**
Use an alternative email address. If you have an alternate email address attached to your account then you can use that email to just login to your account with the same password that you have been using with the old email address.
Contact Facebook Admin Support for help. If none of these options work for you, you can contact Facebook directly for assistance by filling out a contact form with good contact information on how they can best get in touch with you. Our experience has been that Facebook gets back to you fairly quickly with good customer support. This is a step up from a few short years ago when it was nearly impossible to get in touch with Facebook support.
Learn more: How To Download a Facebook Video